Friday, July 2, 2010

Weekly Report (because I have no idea what to call this)

I thought I'd give a brief little introduction to this post before I begin with my journal entries.
First of all, I want to say that even though I was really nervous about this week and getting to know everyone at camp, I am so freaking desperate to go back right now.
Is that weird? Like, after one week, I already feel like we're pretty much as close as family (or at least cousins, if not immediate family) , and we're just going to get closer as the weeks go by.
I do kind of have a crush on someone already. :]
But there's really no way it's going to happen due to some underlying circumstances that may or may not happen later.

Also, even eating three (vegetarian) meals a day, along with some desserts, I have now hit my goal weight of 153. Technically 153.2, but I weighed myself after breakfast (we had breakfast at camp before I came home). :] So that makes me happy.

Alright, I'm going to go grab my journal and start typing shit. Please be prepared, this post is going to be loooooooooooong.

June 27, 2010

Prettiest Disney Princesses
1. Pocahontas
2. Jasmine
3. Ariel
4. Belle
5. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)


June 28, 2010
Been doing well today, all vegetables except for one piece of bread and a cup of milk. Didn't even go for the cheesecake.
I will not be the girl S (male counselor) talked about... Veggies not cake for me. And I'll be skinny by the end of the summer. So Skinny that everyone will stare when I go back to school. I'll be amazing.
________
So far so good. Not too happy about the whole "getting-to-know-you" team-building exercises. It's surprisingly how different people are from my first impressions. S is exactly like N (guy from my school), with the blonde hair, blue eyes, oh, yeah, and the way he pokes fun at everyone in his path. But during the whole "staff training", I saw a completely different side of him. Props. (Here I was making reference to his seriousness about the campers and camp life)
I'm not sure when M (cabinmate) is going to get back from the boys area. I have my eye on a few already. But shh. I'm not mentioning names in case of enemy capture. I don't really know what I'd do if someone found this shit. Really, no clue. I mean, there's no denying shit written here, right?
I hate being lonely. Of course B and K (two other female counselors, new girls like me) are together and I'm all alone with M. I mean she's really nice and all but she's always with S (who is her boyfriend)... It's hard to get to know someone when they're constantly with someone.
________
Yay. :]


June 29, 2010 (This entry is the absolute longest. Five fucking pages!)

The reason I said "yay" last night was because K, sweet thing that she is, came and invited me to go up with the rest of them to the boys area where they were playing guitar and having a good time.
Fruit and cereal for breakfast. Hopefully veggies for lunch. I have like 25 minutes to kill and I can't waste it all writing... I kinda feel like an outcast already. Usually I come to camp and make a best friend and that's it... But K and B are primed to be best friends because they're together, and M is nice but she doesn't really show any interest i getting to know me. Oh well... Guess I'll just stay lonely all summer. :]
But whatever, you know? I mean, I can lead a group of eight and nine year olds but when it comes to leading people older than me? No thanks. I'm really shy and I'm not sure people realize that. I'm good in small-group settings. Not that they ever need to know the reason why I'm antisocial...
Had lettuce and a few bites of a rice and cheese burrito (it was kind of gross). Dinner was tough to stay away from. The pasta in meat sauce smelled so good... But I had a salad, a piece of bread, some cinnamon apples and half a piece of delicious cakes. It was damn good, too.
I wand to feel like a part of this family. But no one wants to really open up. B and I bonded over raking today but I still have nothing to talk to her about. Oh, but I have a giant popped blister on my right thumb from raking. I wish someone would come invite me to join the party again. Or at least for M to come back. She doesn't have her flashlight, so I can't just go to bed and turn the light off. I mean, who goes to the boys area right after they shower? Come back to the cabin so I can go to bed...
Oh yay...
Took long enough.
I shouldn't make hasty judgments like that. I should use the word "hasty" ever again. Sound like a fucking old woman.
It's weird, I don't swear much while I'm here.
I can't wait to get "archery-certified".
Note to self- bring slippers. It's FREEZING!
I do really need more clothes. Bigger dresser next year, yeah? Or maybe another dresser to stack on top of the one I have.
Jesus it's cold.
I just want to go to sleep. I cant handle 7 hours- I need 12!
Plus I think I'm going to try to shower in the morning, so that means waking up EARLIER.
How long does it take to get a damn fire alarm? Not as long as she's taking.
God, I'm shivering. Burning mad calories, which is definitely a good thing. Second night in a row going to bed, stomach growling. I love camp.
Fuck. I'm on page five. I should write slower. Or smaller.
Probably going to bed soon. Night.
{3




That's where my journal entries end for this week, so apologies. No Wednesday or Thursday, because I actually started having fun. :]
And the guy I kind of like... :] Well, he's cute and veryveryvery tall and funny. Asshole covered me in muck during a photo scavenger hunt. And just posted something on my wall.
So I'm going to go smile like an idiot. :]

Love you guys.
Fill me in on what I missed in your lives.

4 comments:

  1. Omigish CONGRATULATIONS!! You reached your goal... =]

    I'm proud of you!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you reached your goal!! Great job on the self restraint at camp. I hope you're going to start having the best time now that you're getting adjusted to the environment.

    Who knows, right? You could totes have a summer fling. They're only supposed to last a summer anyways.

    Stay strong and beautiful!! Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's awesome that you're having fun!!! And a hot guy who teases you? That is GOLD my dear so make sure to have a very very nice summer fling!!!
    XOXO,
    Scarlet<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on reaching your goal!! I'm so jealous of you, I wish I could go to summer camp again!! My camp experience last year was...quite a story hahaha.. ;D

    Have lots of fun, sounds like you are [: Don't let people get to you.
    Not missing out on anything too exciting on my end of the stick here [talk about old lady expressions]. Take care! :]
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete