Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye-bye, 2010.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
-Maya Angelou



I will be the butterfly. I will change, I will be beautiful.
So, goodbye 2010, with your multiple fat zeros.
I'll only miss those eight weeks of summer at camp.
But luckily, in 2011, with it's multiple thin ones, I get to go back again.
And this time, I'll be thin and beautiful.
And everyone will want me, want to be me.

But no one will know my secret.

I have to get skinny, faster than ever. I have college auditions in a month. I'll be eighteen in a month, and I have to be skinny when I get my tattoo.
I'm going to get it on my ribs... Might be nice if ribs were actually visible.
Fat chance.

"Rien ne pèse tant que un secret."
or
"Mais moi je ne t'oublierai pas."

One of those will be my tattoo.
I've always wanted my tattoo to be in French. Even though I don't take it anymore, I love the language. It's so beautiful...
And French women are nearly always perfection.


So goodbye, fat, chunky, gross, disgusting, obnoxious, cellulite-covered 2010.
And hello to thin, beautiful, loveable, worthy, slim 2011.


edit:
This is too perfect: I have 111 followers on the eve of 2011. :]

2 comments: