Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye-bye, 2010.

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
-Maya Angelou



I will be the butterfly. I will change, I will be beautiful.
So, goodbye 2010, with your multiple fat zeros.
I'll only miss those eight weeks of summer at camp.
But luckily, in 2011, with it's multiple thin ones, I get to go back again.
And this time, I'll be thin and beautiful.
And everyone will want me, want to be me.

But no one will know my secret.

I have to get skinny, faster than ever. I have college auditions in a month. I'll be eighteen in a month, and I have to be skinny when I get my tattoo.
I'm going to get it on my ribs... Might be nice if ribs were actually visible.
Fat chance.

"Rien ne p├Ęse tant que un secret."
or
"Mais moi je ne t'oublierai pas."

One of those will be my tattoo.
I've always wanted my tattoo to be in French. Even though I don't take it anymore, I love the language. It's so beautiful...
And French women are nearly always perfection.


So goodbye, fat, chunky, gross, disgusting, obnoxious, cellulite-covered 2010.
And hello to thin, beautiful, loveable, worthy, slim 2011.


edit:
This is too perfect: I have 111 followers on the eve of 2011. :]

2 comments: